Re: Cudahy meat reefers

ATSF1226

Brian,
Cudahy Packing Co home offices were in South Omaha, NE. Had a plant in
Phoenix, AZ in the time frame you are refering too. Plant was served by
SP trains. I believe Cudahy took over the old Tovrea meat packing co.

George A Walls

I have Sunshine's kit #24.17 for a Cudahy 36' meat reefer. The
Prototype Data Sheet states "Cudahy Packing was a packer oriented to
the West Coast market", but I don't recall any published photos to
prove this. Does anyone know if these cars showed up in northern
California on the Southern Pacific or in Washington State on the
Northern Pacific, especially in the late 1940s?

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV