From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of tgregmrtn@...
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 3:12 PM
To: stmfc@...
Subject: [STMFC] The Shake N Take clinic

Guys,

On November 17th I wrote:

"This years project will be a bit of a tougher?challenge than those of the past.?In order to keep this a bit more manageable this year we?are going to reduce the?number of those?that can actually participate as the kits are far more limited than in the past."

Now that the project we've selected is underway on my end, my resin masters are off to the producer, I am willing to let you all know the scope of the project. Some from this list have been aware of the subject and have been good about keeping it quite. You?know who you are.

The Project was kicked around longer than normal this year and the suggestion was offered by Jim Singer the feasibility was reviewed by our own Richard Hendrickson prior. It will be the Union Pacific RR S-40-10/11 stock car as rebuilt from the B-50-11 and A-50-4 in the mid and late 1930s. So the project will offer some interesting variations. The car will be converted from the ACCURAIL GN?stock car. There will be resin ends for both the boxcar?version as well as the Auto Boxcar version. I will present it as?a simplified version with a very basic conversion (The Streamliner Version) or the full blown conversion with the (The Challenger Version)?new ends. It is as very?interesting car in that the car not only served in general service but in DLS (daylight Live Stock service) as well. The Live Stock Service car was restricted to Salt Lake City service (we'll offer and interesting twist for the PRR Modeler to this as well) to Los Angeles.

Dr. Denny Anspach will be working up a?presentation for?the ACCURAIL "Scale" coupler for the conversion as well. John Greedy has worked up a historical data?handout for the?car type as well, with a good photo. ??

Let me remind you all that this years clinic will be far more restricted than in years past so when this list is full we'll leave room for a few walk-in non- Internet connected modelers at the door. Our clinic is just before lunch on Friday the 9th and will not be repeated.

Here's the current list"

1.) Armend Premo
2.) Dr. Denny Anspach
3.) Tony Thompson
4.) Mont Switzer
5.) Schuyler Larrabee
6.) John Greedy
7.) William Bell
8.) Jeff Alley
9.) Mike Brock (if we can get him to stand still for 5 minutes)
10.)
11.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
21.)
22.)
23.)
24.)
25.)
26.)
27.)

Again, I want to thank Richard Hendrickson?for the encouragement to push forward on this project, his initial photos made it all come together and Jeff Alley provided?additional pieces to the puzzle and his help was greatly appreciated.
?
Greg Martin