Re: Cudahy meat reefers

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Brian Carlson wrote:
OK now I am confused. I thought the Sunshine meat reefer for Cudahy was for the Wisconsin meat packers. The CRLX cars were Cudahy Car Lines and were owned by the Cudahy packing Company in Wisconsin. These cars often came east
on the NKP. Are there two separate Cudahy meat packing companies? The emails make is sound like there were different corporations.
Brian, I'm no expert on the meat industry, but I believe there WERE two separate Cudahy companies, one called Cudahy Brothers and later Patrick Cudahy Inc., based in Wisconsin, the other called Cudahy Packing, based in Omaha. Someone more knowledgeable than me about details should chime in here and give us the whole story.

Publishers of books on railroad history