Re: Cudahy meat reefers

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

By golly, Brian is correct. I could have looked at any number of
different ORERs in my collection and found exactly the information
Brian gives below. But I didn't. I wonder where I did get the bogus
information? Oh, I remember! Off the internet. Burned again!
Gene Green

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Brian J Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

Ok, what I think I know based on the posts. Cudahy Reefers with CRLX
reporting marks were owned by the Cudahy Packing company of East
Chicago (In

(Gene Green added " ... also in 1950, 1951 and 1953.")

1957). The Sunshine kit 24.17 is for these cars.
Also, this means the intro paragraph on page 27 of Gene Green's
"Refrigerator Car Color Guide" from Morning Sun is incorrect since
he
attributes the CRLX reporting marks to Patrick Cudahy of Wisconsin.

Patrick Cudahy reefers were leased from NRC. I didn't see the photo
in the
NRC section that Dennis mentioned but maybe he was talking about the
Billboard Reefer book, which I do not own.

Do I have this correct?

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY