Car Types for Team Tracks

gary laakso

I have been going through the January 1, 1961 Great Northern Railway Industrial Guide for points served by it and other railroads. The scope of team track usage amazes me since it covers from coffins to Edsels to Hamms beer to paving machinery and on and on. Here are the uses that i am not sure what type of freight car would be used (no, i am not listing pipe, threaded or not):
1- boats; flatcars?
2- fish; refrigerator cars?
3- elevators (as in Otis) boxcars?
4- steel products (its not more specific) gondolas?
5- soft drinks (i assume vending machines) boxcars?
6- vitamins; refrigerator cars?
7- pilings; flat cars or gondolas?
8- candy/tobacco; refrigerators?
9- potato chips (its listed at multiple locations) refrigerators?
10- ferns , as in plants ? no idea
11- fireworks? no clue and for Mike Brock..
12- jailhouse supplies? brig cars?

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock
vasa0vasa@earthlink.net