From: al_brown03 <abrown@fit.edu>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Southern War Emergency Gon
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:35 AM

The Southern's cars, series 286000-286999 (per ORER), differed from

other 41ft War Emergency gons in having six drop doors (class GA).

Other owners were Texas & New Orleans, ACL, Midland Valley, Wabash;

Alton got all-steel versions, which went to GM&O. Info from Lofton,

MM 1/92, pp 20-24.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Mike Aufderheide <mononinmonon@ ...>

wrote:

All,

See:

http://steamfreight cars.com/ prototype/ catalog/mvcmc/ mvcmcp21main. html

This interesting photo of a Southern gon in Jeff Koeller's Mt.
Vernon catalog led me to wonder if these cars are the same as those

offered by Funaro:

http://www.walthers .com/exec/ productinfo/ 279-6260

It would be an interesting variation on the steel gons I have from
Sunshine & Speedwitch.  Does anyone have a roster of the 41ft war

emergency gons?

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide