Re: Coal shipment trends 1900-1960

Dave Nelson

al.kresse wrote:
Folks,

I am looking for the member who had access to Bituminous Coal
shipments directions historical data out VA, WV, and KY carried by
basically the C&O/N&W/Virginian (Pokey Roads) East to Tidewater
(Hampton Roads) vs.
West (midwest or Great Lakes ports).
Al, check any major University library that's close by to you, as they might
have a federal document depository. There you want to find a copy of the
Minerals yearbook. A look at the copy I own (1950 edition) shows the Fed's
did have bit coal production data going back to 1890 but in this volume the
data by state only covers a 10 year span.

Dave Nelson