CSOX 5394 question

James McDonald

Hello all,

Can anyone give me details on tank car CSOX 5394? My resources at hand, as well as the archives of this list, have been consulted and I'm coming up short.

The background: in another group I read in, which does not concern itself primarily with freight cars, a question was raised about what tank cars would be doing at a feed mill in the late 1940's and early 1950's. There are a number of photos of different tank cars parked at a feed mill in Bel Air, MD on the M&P. One such car was Cities Service CSOX 5394.

I'm hoping that by determining what that car's characteristics are, we can narrow down on the commodity somewhat.

Thanks in advance,

James McDonald
Greenbelt, MD