Re: SP DF B-50-22

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Brian J Carlson wrote:
Does anyone make decals for the orange and black "DF" rectangle applied to the SP boxcars starting in the mid 1950's. Alternatively, Does anyone know where I can locate a p2k kit for the 50' B-50-22 81574 it was lettered in this scheme? See the bottom photo on page 271 of SP Freight Cars V 4 for a photo.
Brian, Walthers used to make that decal, but I have heard it's no longer available. I didn't know that P2K had ever done the DF scheme with correct orange lettering (their SP "expert" told them it should be yellow in the first run), but if they did, that would be a good find.

Publishers of books on railroad history