From: Kurt Laughlin <fleeta@verizon.net>
Subject: [STMFC] LIFE - Trainscapes 1950: View from a train window.
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 9:07 PM

Somebody may have already posted this, but there is a series of 40-odd *color* pictures on Google/LIFE titled: "Trainscapes 1950: View from a train window." A number of RELEVANT frieght shippers are featured, as well a steam era fright car or two.

One in particular was this Koppers Coke retail facility. Who would buy coke on a retail scale?
http://images. google.com/ hosted/life/ l?q=trainscapes+ 1950+source: life&prev= /images%3Fq% 3Dtrainscapes% 2B1950%2Bsource: life%26hl% 3Den&imgurl= e67ae0d61d79f076

KL