Re: GTW 11/2 door Single sheathed boxcar

Marty McGuirk

Forgot to add the car shown (by the way, the pre-restoration pics of
the cars with four-digit numbers and the finished restoration of 43022
are the same car). 43022 had it's roof raised a four inches to
accommodate Evans auto loaders and at point. The 1-1/2 door cars had
the same ends, just without the obvious raised section on the ends.

In my N scale days I built one of these cars with the idea of casting
it. Need to see if I can dig that model out - I don't remember how I
did it other than I used an Intermountain piece for the auto door end
and I used M-T doors.

Marty