"Blister panel" terminology

Marty McGuirk

Can anyone point to a definitive industry (not model railroad) term for "blister panels" - the bulging panels used on some hopper cars???

I've heard the term "offset panels" used but can't find a verifiable source for the real name.

Should have picked up the hopper car history book when I had the chance . . .



Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.