Re: GTW 11/2 door Single sheathed boxcar--segue to CN steel auto box cars...

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

CN Lines Vol. 6/4 has a couple of photos of interest. One is of CV
41099, built by Pressed Steel Car Company in March, 1929, and is also
on the National Archives of Canada/CN Images of Canada website. You
may have to copy and paste the link into your browser--

http://imagescn.technomuses.ca/railways/index_view.cfm?photoid=-389222185&id=55

It clearly shows the use of a "Dreadnaught" 3/3/3 end on this car.

The article in CN Lines also has a builder's photo of GTW 34620, built
by AC&F in 1920/21. It was a steel-frame car, built with "Murphy" 7/8
ends. An Accurail car might be a starting point for this car?

But, while we're on the subject of auto box cars, any suggestions for
modelling this one??

http://imagescn.technomuses.ca/railways/index_view.cfm?photoid=-135752854&id=55

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "rdietrichson" <Rdietrichson@...> wrote:

Hey all;
On the SS 1 1/2 door automobile boxcar that GTW ran, what type of an
end did this car have? I believe that a model of this class of cars
were done as a resin kit in HO, but I'm doing in N scale hence the
question.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Rick Dietrichson
Wilmington, NC