Re: C.N. 587350

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Nice rivets. But what I find interesting is the modification to the
brake platform supports to accommodate the higher brake wheel
location. I am not sure that my short, fat, fingers have the talent to
fabricate such a set of support brackets.

I wonder if one of these cars would have ever made it to Gridley,
Kansas. Somehow I doubt that one ever did.

-- BIll Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 1, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

On 1-Jan-09, at 11:37 AM, Steve Lucas wrote:
But, while we're on the subject of auto box cars, any suggestions
for
modeling this one??
http://imagescn.technomuses.ca/railways/index_view.cfm?photoid=-135752854&id=55

Seems (seams?) to me that the challenge isn't so much the raised
roof; it's the rivet pattern on the
sides. ACR has nothing on this car.

SGL
La vita e breve, mangiate prima il dolce!