Re: C.N. 587350

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
http://imagescn.technomuses.ca/railways/index_view.cfm?photoid=-
135752854&id=55

"Seems (seams?) to me that the challenge isn't so much the raised roof;
it's the rivet pattern on the sides. ACR has nothing on this car."

Not really. Look again - this car is a bit of a throwback, with a
reivet pattern more common to that of earlier steel boxcars such as the
PRR Class X29. It'll be a bit of work (and I'll have to confirmit
agains the right kit), but you can turn two Red Caboose X29 or ARA
boxcar kits into flat kits and splice together the taller sides. You'd
have to be very carful with the cuts and seam cleanup to avoid losing
rivets. The ends were available from Sylvan.

Ben Hom