Re: Old (Out-of-production) decal lines

Frank Pearsall

Gene:

Thinfilm Decals (PO Box 70323 Pasadena, CA 91117-7323) is still in production and a regular advertiser in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette magazine. Run by Fred and Judy Hill of the Original Whistle Stop hobby shop in Pasadena, Calif.

Herald King Decals (PO Box 1133 Bettendorf IA 52722-1133) came back on the scene in late 2007. As of a few minutes ago, the web site was working: www.heraldkingdecals.com.

Wow, Union Line! Really have to turn on the way-back machine for them. They were a line produced in the 1970s with a Washington, D.C. address. I remember talking to the guy in the early 1980s about buying the line, but he had an inflated sense of what it was worth. Have not a clue as to what happened to the artwork.

Frank Pearsall
Brevard, N.C.
Narrow Trak 09 (Oct 9, 10, 2009)

On Jan 7, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Gene Green wrote:

I spent the last two evenings inventorying my decal/dry transfer
stash. I was about to place an order with Champ when it slowly began
to dawn on me that I might already have the decals I intended to order.

Among the many brand names I have were Union Line (dry transfers) and
Thinfilm (decals). Are these two lines still in production? I don't
think so. The question becomes - like Herald King - will the artwork
be found and will anyone ever produce them again.

Gene Green
sitting on a lifetime supply of M&StL decals.