New HO & S resin kits coming ...

Jim King

My recent announcement re: upcoming S scale resin kits (B&O M53 wagontop box
and SAL B7 turtleback box) has now spread into HO, at least for the B&O car.
I'm pleased to announce a collaboration between Smoky Mtn. Model Works and
Wright Trak Models on the M53. CAD work will start in 2 weeks with a target
release date of the HO car in March and the S car right behind it. The kit
will include the "plain" and Youngstown doors with every intent toward
making them operable (no guarantees). At least 3 paint schemes are planned.

Next is a new HO car now in production by Wright Trak. I delivered the
first 100 sets of the Southern 1951 Spencer-built wood rack body and
underframe castings (with brass strip weights) to Gary this afternoon. He
will be the source for this car, so contact him for availability. Target
ship date is by month's end. They will be available direct and thru his
dealer network. These cars will be offered with Roman and Block font
decals, spanning 1951 until retirement in the early 80s. The C&O car I'm
producing in S will likely be offered by Gary, so if you're a C&O nut, let
him know you're interested.

2009 is gonna be a BIG year for HO and S resin kits!

Jim King

Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com