Re: Bruce Smith's boiler - was Prototype Rails 2009 -- my opinions

krlpeters

Dear Mr. Smith:

Would it be possible to post a copy of the photo you mentioned?

According to the sources I have available, the "Victory" class vessels used two water-tubed boilers, not three.

If your model is based on the Chooch load, the boiler type is of a Scotch fire-tube boiler.
Normaly, two would be used in a freighter [like our Great Lakes bulk carriers] but a passenger vessel may have three or more.

Karl Peters