Re: Atlas '32 AAR Box - trucks

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Recent discussion noted an odd situation on
Atlas HO scale freight cars in regard to the bolster height.<
As I fitted my second car with .088 wheels I saw that the above is correct. The Atlas truck actually fits on top of the booster pin. I suspect that the TMW hole could be enlarged and fitted over the pin. If then too low washers could be used. Or the pin could be removed and washers used to shim up the body without any reaming of the truck.
I did no measuring at all and the above is just SWAGing.

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
NMRA Life member #2623