Re: Model Rail Hobbyist

Tim O'Connor

Guys

I think MRH is a very promising information format. Perhaps
Acrobat was not the best choice (HTML would have worked too)
but perhaps they will respond and correct these problems as
they are made aware of them. Acrobat offers a "self contained"
format unlike HTML which is a pastiche of objects and somewhat
problematic when it comes to portability. Both have advantages
and disadvantages.

Tim O'Connor

At 1/19/2009 12:04 PM Monday, you wrote:
On Jan 18, 2009, at 11:30 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

I don't mind downloading Adobe Reader 9, in fact I've done so,
but it won't work with Mac OS 10.4.10 (latest one I have). This means
(at least for Mac users) that only the newest OS can run the reader
that handles MRH. That's what I mean by NOT reaching an awful lot of
the public, which I think is a funny way to do a magazine.
I have had exactly the same experience as Tony. And I'm running the
earlier Mac operating system because I have many files in earlier
applications which won't run on the latest OS. So, while MRH seems
like a good idea, I can't access it, and I've already spent a fair
amount of time (when I could have been writing text for a book or
working on a model) trying unsuccessfully to do so. Yeah, I know,
print is SO twentieth century, but an internet publication that some
of us can't access seems needlessly stupid.

Richard Hendrickson