Re: film short

George

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bill Schneider <branchline@...> wrote:

Like almost everything, its been YouTube'd....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NePhRIwzkfA And yes, at 5:46 in there
are (I'll be damned) O&W camelbacks in Weehawken (across from
Manhatten) and nearby STEAM ERA FREIGHT CARS (see Mike, we are on
topic.... sort of). Not nearly a long enough clip, but.....
Interesting photo angles too.

Bill Schneider
This film can also be viewed or downloaded (without the music) at:

http://www.archive.org/details/Manhatta_1921

In the opening scene there is a Ferry (or barge) with some steam
era freight cars aboard. I noticed that two of the four house cars
visible have their doors open. Just an observation, not trying to
open a new thread about box cars traveling with their doors open.

George York