Re: Resin kit problems...

mcindoefalls

--- In STMFC@..., "Steve Lucas" <stevelucas3@...> wrote:

I was discussing resin kits yesterday with a couple of fellow
STMFC'ers. Talk centred around the use of various resins for model
kits, and their relative stability.
Several years ago I bought a styrene B&M ARA steel boxcar ("X-29") kit
(Red Caboose) that came with resin castings of the distinctive doors
used on these cars. The doors were made of yellowish resin, painted to
match the car. When I finally got around to assembling the kit, the
resin doors had shriveled and distorted. (IIRC, this kit was marketed
by a third party, which made the resin parts.)

Now, I'm afraid to take a look at the many unbuilt resin kits in my
stash. They're probably all more than ten years old.

Walt Lankenau