Re: modeling cable on a crane

Bruce Smith

On Jan 22, 2009, at 3:59 AM, Ned Carey wrote:

I have a Barnhart log loader (a type of crane) that I am working on. Does anyone have a good suggestion for what to use to model the cable?
<SNIP>

This must be a common problem for anyone who has modeled a crane. Any suggestions? Is there a group specifically for modeling MOW
equipment?
Ned,

I used EZ-line from Berkshire Junction (http:// www.berkshirejunction.com/) to rig my crawler crane. It has the advantage of being flexible so I can have the boom up or down. It is a monofilament so it looks like cable, not thread. I also use this for the cable tie-downs on many of my loads.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL