Re: Resin kit problems...

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

This has been a very interesting discussion, not the least reason being the obvious authoritative expertise, and the impressive empirical data that has come forth. If I can summarize what I think I have taken away so far, it would be this (corrections/refinements invited):

1) Any given resin quality is closely tied to the knowledge, care, timing and meticulousness with which the resin has been prepared and mixed by the caster.

2) Color is no clue as to resin quality. Normal color is white, but because this color causes such perception problems (the end user often cannot perceive sufficient detail to properly orient or fit parts- a problem shared by many with all-black styrene parts!), a color additive (commonly shades of gray) is added to the resin mix.

3) Cast resin cars have every good reason to look forward to a very long life.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento