Re: modeling cable on a crane

al_brown03

Bruce's tie-downs caught my eye at Cocoa Beach because they're all
straight not bowed, as though in tension like the 1:1 thing. They
look that way because they *are* in tension: the EZ-line stretches.
Gorgeous.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

On Jan 22, 2009, at 3:59 AM, Ned Carey wrote:

I have a Barnhart log loader (a type of crane) that I am working
on. Does anyone have a good suggestion for what to use to model
the
cable?
<SNIP>

This must be a common problem for anyone who has modeled a
crane.
Any suggestions? Is there a group specifically for modeling MOW
equipment?
Ned,

I used EZ-line from Berkshire Junction (http://
www.berkshirejunction.com/) to rig my crawler crane. It has the
advantage of being flexible so I can have the boom up or down. It
is
a monofilament so it looks like cable, not thread. I also use
this
for the cable tie-downs on many of my loads.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL