Re: Freight Car Distribution on smaller RRs

Tim O'Connor

Box car "shortages" were a common complaint in the STMFC
era. I am sure that a shortline near a major terminus like
Portland OR or Seattle WA could receive a real dog's breakfast
of empty cars from its connecting railroads (UP/SP/GN/NP/MILW/SP&S)
if car supply were tight. All clean 40 foot or 50 foot box cars
look alike to a lumber mill...

Tim O'Connor

There is a video tape...I probably have it...of a short line in the
Cascades. It showed Pennsy and NYC box cars on its trains. This showing took
place about 10 yrs ago so I can't recall more. I'll try to find the tape.
Mike Brock