From: Brian J. Carlson <brian@bluemoon.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:48:33 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Retail gas stations of the 1950's

I hope the Mike will allow mw a little latitude here since this group
is often a source of wide ranging information. I am looking for an
avenue to determine what retail gasoline stations operated in the
towns I model in the mid 1950's. I have done the usual ebay searches,
and am in the process of inquiring through local historical societies,
old business directories, phone books etc.. Many of these towns had a
bulk distributor' s that received shipment's in steam era tank cars,
but through mergers and acquisitions, I am not sure who the players
were in 1957. Does anyone have any advice on where I might find
additional information?

Brian carlson