Retail gas stations of the 1950's

Robert <riverob@...>

There are some great photos on the 700+ flickr Vintqage Gas Stations
pool. Almost all of which received products delivered, in good part,
by Steam Era Freight Cars:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/630928@N24/pool

Rob Simpson

--- In STMFC@..., Raymond Young <rayvirg@...> wrote:

Brian,

I have a book, The American Gas Station, published by Motorbooks
International in 1992.  A catalog of Motorbooks International
publications is available from Motorbooks International, PO Box 1,
Osceola, WI  54020, 1-800-826-6600.  The address was given on the
dust jacket of the book.  It is well-illustrated and is presented by
periods from 1898 to 1992.  You might Google the title for more up-to-
date information.

Virgil Young
Amarillo, TX