Re: Helium Cars

Rod Miller

My O scale PRB helium car weighs 2 lb. 13 oz. 30 discrete
tanks have been modeled; whether the tank models are tubes or
sold rod is unknown.

At the time the models were imported there was some banter
about a loaded real car weighing less than an empty car, which
of course we know is not correct.

Rod

Bruce Smith wrote:

On Fri, February 13, 2009 4:34 pm, Tim O'Connor wrote:
But if -every- tube is represented on the model, it must
weigh a ton!! Last night I weighed a Jaeger products poles
load (60 short sticks) and they weigh 2oz. Imagine if all
those sticks were made of brass...

Tim O'Connor
Tim,
You've got to "lighten up" man! Obviously, you fill them with HELIUM
<VBG>. Seriously though, you would use TUBING not SOLID ROD... That
would result in a nicely weighted car.
Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL