From: Dennis Storzek <destorzek@mchsi.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Other LIFE image finds
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 3:30 PM

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, "Eric Hansmann" <eric@...> wrote:

The rip track at T&NO yard in Avondale, LA in 1942.
This image makes me think we do not model enough of this aspect.
http://tinyurl. com/9fxs39
Note the caboose built from a boxcar in the lower center; it has long
boarding steps below the side doors and laddeds to the roof alongside
the doors, with extra lateral platforms above each.

New York Central Pier 7, 1948, part deux.
http://tinyurl. com/9efcpl
Note the two trackless trolleys (trolley busses to some) on flatcats
at the lower left.

Dennis