From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@signaturepress.com>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Box cars on your layout
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 12:41 PM

Mike Aufderheide wrote:
Tony,
This is good information.  I wonder if we are able to put a finer
point on it.  I had an idea that using Larry Ostrich's 1950 ORER
spreadsheet, one could determine specific cars which should be
"essential" based on pure numbers and percentages of the national
fleet.
Exactly. My list only tells you the RAILROADS to be represented.
Additional info such as the Ostrich lists is need to identify which
CARS to have. Of course, many, many of the ones we need are not
available as models or reasonable kitbashes, but many of them are quite
available.

2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress. com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@signaturep ress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history