Re: Upgrading Ulrich GS Gondola

spsalso

Caution: the
white metal used by Ulrich is VERY hard. You will not have fun
removing
any material from this model, and don't even THINK of trying to
drill
holes for wire grabs.

I did think about drilling into the center sill of the Ulrich gon. I
wanted to mount those thingys (technical term) that hold up the two
brake levers. Four thingys. Eight holes. The first hole took an
hour (I used a pinvise). I soon figured out that I could get by with
four holes and just let the other end of the thingy just touch the
center sill. Four hours. I was younger and dumber then. No,
really. I only did one car--a GN. Maybe Tony and I should form a
club--wanna join?

Ed

Edward Sutorik