Re: Unusual running board

Tim O'Connor

Hmmmm... I dunno. Some of the Milwaukee cars built during
the war received wooden laterals, with Apex longitudinals.
I wonder if this could be one of those?

At 2/17/2009 10:22 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
On Feb 17, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Check out the lateral on MILW 7065 -- the long running board
looks like a standard Apex grid, but the lateral looks like a
perforated metal plate! I've never seen that before.

http://tbn0.google.com/hosted/images/c?q=5751712aac18f95f_large

Tim, your eye has been tricked. It's an Apex lateral, but at that
angle the individual bars aren't readily apparent; though it may look
to you like a flat plate, I think the grid structure can just be made
out.

Richard Hendrickson