From: Gene Green <bierglaeser@yahoo.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Single-sheathed box cars
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 10:59 AM

We have the Tichy versions of the USRA single-sheathed box cars and the
Intermountain war-emergency box car is coming. Putting aside the
highly detail resin kits from Westerfield, F&C, Sunshine, et. al. what
else is there? I can't think of anything.

I know that in the past there have been single-sheathed box cars from a
number of manufacturers - Varney, Ulrich, Roundhouse - but those cars
don't live up to today's expections in either level of detail or
fidelity to prototype.

As my freight car fleet develops I have the general impression that my
box car mix has too few single-sheathed cars. This is just a
subjective impression unrelated to any numbers, percentages or the
Landmesser hot box list.

Will the wonderful RP CYC #18 result in any plastic, injection-molded
box car models?

Gene Green