Re: Chateau Martin Wine Car Color

Mark Pierce <marcoperforar@...>

This site has some color photos of CM wine cars. There appears to
have been a variety of schemes.
http://www.geocities.com/jim_lancaster.geo/chatmart/cmwx_roster_1.html
I like the photo of the gentleman siphoning wine from a tank car with
a hose. Looks like he'll be serving it momentarily to his companions.

Mark Pierce

Errol Spangler wrote:
I see there has been some discussion here in the past on the CM
wine
cars. Anyone have a clue to just what color the cars were
painted?
We at O Scale West are working with Lionel to provide their
great
wine car in 2-rail scale for the combined O Scale West - National
Scale convention next June.
Have you looked at some of the published color photos? There
is
one in the book on billboard reefers we recently published. I'd
call
the color a variety of magenta.

Tony Thompson >