Re: Single-sheathed box cars

Ray Breyer

Hi Tim,

Tim O'Connor wrote:
And don't forget Accurail's wonderful Illinois Central
single sheathed box car. I picked up a decorated model
from 5th Avenue Car Shops that is 100% accurate.
Make that about 70% accurate Tim. The ends are wrong and the fishbelly underframe is essentially 100% wrong for the IC cars. Still, if you need more than one for your IC roster (like I do!) it's a whole lot more affordable and quick than the Sunshine version of the same car.

Avoid the Walthers 50 foot SS box car. One way ticket to Foobie-ville.
Again, unless you need IC cars. Then the Walthers model, with minimal kitbashing, becomes the only accurate IC 50' SS boxcar ever produced.

Just a couple of tips,
Ray Breyer