Re: Kadee minimum body box widths

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

I don't think this is the coupler that Tim is talking about. It's one
of the pre-magnetic ones I think. It had a slot in the back and a
spring
was attached that applied the springing action. The spring was
behind the
center pivot post. I'm pretty sure this was one of the first Kadees
made.
Yes, this is the coupler that I am talking about; and yes, it is also
a seamless continuation of an original pre-magnetic Kadee coupler
shank design.

As an aside, I would suspect that this design has now been produced
unchanged for at least 55 or more years, surely a millennium in model
railroad hobby terms!

Denny