Re: Drill Bits and MiniMate

Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...>

We have a Cameron drill press in the "Model Railroader" workshop and it's a great machine.
However, as I've mentioned here before, at home I use a Microlux drill press from Micro Mark,
and it is more than adequate for anything you're likely to do with resin, plastic, or even brass
freight cars. With 1/8"-shank carbide drill bits, which Jack Burgess inspired me to try at
Naperville last fall, it can handle the very smallest numbered bits. Currently a Microlux drill
press with a built-in speed control and depth finder is only about $200 from Micro Mark.

so long,

Andy