Re: Sourcing clear plastic rod

Joseph Melhorn

Hi Schuyler,

If it has to be rigid, I don't know of a source for clear rod that small.
However, <http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Unjacketed.htm> has 1mm (.0394"
dia.) fiber optic rod that might work for you. I have used their 2mm for
light pipes in diesel engines with great results.

HTH,

Joe Melhorn
Orangevale, CA

------------------------

Thanks, but 1/16" = .0625" Looking for something smaller.

SGL

Schuyler,
Try _www.plastruct.com_ (http://www.plastruct.com
<http://www.plastruct.com> ) they have 1/16 and
up.
Chuck Hladik

In a message dated 3/1/2009 5:17:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
schuyler.larrabee@... <mailto:schuyler.larrabee%40verizon.net>
writes:

Forgive me for asking something potentially off topic, but I am trying to
find some small diameter
clear plastic rod. Specifically, in the immediate case, I need some 0.040"
clear plastic rod.

Small Parts: no.
McMaster Carr: no
General Google search results: nothing smaller than .0625"