To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
From: brossard77@yahoo.ca
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:08:30 -0500
Subject: [STMFC] taking out broken drill bits, was "Drill Bits and MiniMate"

All,

I'm sure you've read my last posts asking about the Dremel Work Station and MiniMite held in the hand (drilling "freehand"). The reason for this interest: I have a locomotive shell that I was working on, using a #80 in a pin vice to drill out holes for hand grabs and, as luck would have it, or maybe cause I didn't have a steady hand :-(, said bit broke into the piece, with very little sticking out. Either I develop a steadier hand or get a drill press. But, back to the loco shell. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to extract that broken bit? When I say there isn't much sticking out, I can run my finger over it and there is hardly any catch, some yes, but not much.

Thanks

Claude