Re: LIFE Magazine Photo Archive

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Tim and all;

What I am grateful for is the quality of the shots, which is, of course to be
expected of LIFE photographers.

That Walker Evans took the time to take all of those gorgeous color shots is
what is really getting me.

Note that the shots of the Frisco cars show the two completely distinct
shades of "red" they had on cars at the same time. Perfect!

Oh, and can someone comment on the GN tongue-and-groove box car side? What
kind of car do you think it is? Is it a '37 AAR with wood sides?

Elden Gatwood