Re: ERDX Reefers

armprem

Roger,Thanks again.Not sure if BCW carries that RCS kit.I"ll. give John a call.Thanks.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Hinman" <rhinman@rcn.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] ERDX Reefers

Actually not; the first post war steel ERDX cars didn't go into
service until 1950(and then there were three varieties) So what you
want are the pre WW1 forty one foot wood cars; these were probably in
pretty tough shape by war's end.

For a model, you could find the old Rutland Car Shops kit and change
the door and roof. Other approach is to take an Accurail car and
change the underframe and roof, add the angle on the bottom of the end
and live with the fact it's maybe a foot too short.

There's a wonderful Jack Delano color shot of ERDX 9119 in one of the
South Water Street shots in the LOC collection (with a bit of
enlargement)

Roger Hinman

On Mar 6, 2009, at 6:29 PM, A. Premo wrote:

Thank you Roger.Actually both.My cut-off date is 1948.I suspect both
were
around then.Armand Premo