Re: Wabash hand brake

Victor Bitleris

I have attached a photograph of one I took in Owasso in 2007. According to Tony Koester, this is a Wabash Steel Sided Rebuild. Unfortunately I couldn't get close enough to take good photos of the B end, so the shot I posted here is the best I have. I also will be doing one of these using the Tichy Kit. I already have the requisite 7/8 ends.
I am hoping this list accepts attachments, if not, I will be happy to post it on the group photos or send in a private email
Regards, Vic Bitleris
Raleigh, NC

To: STMFC@...
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:06:13 -0500
Subject: [STMFC] Wabash hand brake

I'm assembling the Wabash steel rebuild mini-kit Sunshine put out a few years ago using the Tichy steel rebuilt car.

The only photos of the B end I have are the one in the instructions and a very poor Sidney Wheeler snap shot. Both have some unusual hand brake. The hand wheel appears to be about 3' in diameter! Did they put any hand brakes on these cars at are available in HO scale?

Thanks for any help with this,

Clark Propst

Mason City Iowa

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.