Re: Wabash hand brake

rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>

While I haven't read the rest of the replies. I was thinking along those lines while on my 'cool off' walk.
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@..., "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Clark;

Because tooling that handbrake would be incredibly time intensive (ask Kadee
how long it took them to do their wheels), and not that many cars had that
wheel. I have gotten the same response on requests for an early Peacock or
any Klasing wheel.

Since a significant portion of all freight cars got their hand brake wheels
broken at some point, take a Miner housing and put a replacement Miner wheel
on it and tell people (in the unlikely event that anyone would ask) that it
needed a replacement! You can even put a freshly-painted wheel on a highly
weathered car, so they DO ask...

Elden Gatwood