Re: Nice photo of USNX 1001 helium car

Richard Brennan <brennan8@...>

Bruce

I took the information from Jay's clinic handout... which is very thorough.
He would be the best source to verify dates... (...and he used to be on STMFC)
To me it looks like build and re-weigh may be the same: 10-26.

I believe the brakes are a dual system to deal with the heavy car... hence also the clasp brake trucks.
These would be pre-AB... which came in '29 and was not AAR-adopted until 1934.

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA

At 08:14 PM 3/25/2009, Bruce Smith wrote:
On Wed, March 25, 2009 9:38 pm, Richard Brennan wrote:

Excellent! direct photo link:
http://ww2usvisors.dreamhosters.com/FO124.jpg

per Jay Miller's clinic: This was a Bethlehem Steel Company car - built
1926.
Are you sure about the build date? It looks like it was reweighed 10/26.
And, are those AB brakes?