Re: Freight cars equipped with skids & covers

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Folks;

What railroads do you know of that had cars equipped with skids & covers for
coiled steel sheet shipment? I am most interested in cars equipped with
skids & covers, not purpose-built "coil cars".

I do know that NKP, B&O, Erie, P&WV, URR, DT&I, and PRR had their own
versions, and would be very interested in anyone knew of sources for photos
of these cars, also.

Do you know what dates these might have been put on a specific road? I
already know some of the history of their development; I am trying to flesh
out the magnitude of this service being offered by the RRs, and the details
on each car.

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood

._,___