Re: Enterprise hopper door hardware

Michael Aufderheide

Bill,

If I'm not mistaken, Enterprise hardware is included with the P2k war emergency hoppers.  Can anyone confirm this?  If not, I'll check when I get home tonight.  If they are correct, I have several unneeded sets I can send you.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, pengrapass <bill_baker@...> wrote:

Subject: [STMFC] Enterprise hopper door hardware
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 10:01 PM

I am making modifications to a 6-pack of the old Stewart 70-ton triple hopper car kits as I build them using the mid-90's RMJ and MM articles, by Richard Hendrickson and Stafford Swain respectively as guides. I am not going as far as replacing ladders and grab irons as the car bodies are factory painted for T&NO H-70-5 stand-ins. However I am making other modifications consistent with "layout-quality cars". I note that what door operating hardware is present relates to Wine hardware as opposed to the Enterprise hardware used by SP/T&NO. I plan on using 1/16 inch Plastruct channel for the hopper door Enterprise-style cross-beams but I have not found any detail parts to represent the handle/locks. I know I cannot be on the cutting-edge here! What have others done to represent Enterprise hardware? My sincere thanks for any suggestions!

Bill Baker
Port Orchard, WA

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.