From: pengrapass <bill_baker@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Enterprise hopper door hardware
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 10:01 PM

I am making modifications to a 6-pack of the old Stewart 70-ton triple hopper car kits as I build them using the mid-90's RMJ and MM articles, by Richard Hendrickson and Stafford Swain respectively as guides. I am not going as far as replacing ladders and grab irons as the car bodies are factory painted for T&NO H-70-5 stand-ins. However I am making other modifications consistent with "layout-quality cars". I note that what door operating hardware is present relates to Wine hardware as opposed to the Enterprise hardware used by SP/T&NO. I plan on using 1/16 inch Plastruct channel for the hopper door Enterprise-style cross-beams but I have not found any detail parts to represent the handle/locks. I know I cannot be on the cutting-edge here! What have others done to represent Enterprise hardware? My sincere thanks for any suggestions!

Bill Baker
Port Orchard, WA