Re: Freight cars equipped with covers.

Tim O'Connor

Coils could be small -- there is an interior shot of N&W 72180
that shows two parallel coil troughs running the length of the
car, and the roof is only as high as the car sides.

At 3/31/2009 08:29 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
Allen Rueter wrote:
Besides cut steel sheet/Tin plate, what else is transported in
covered gons, after WWII, in the mid west.
I'm more curious about covered low side gons, that seems to low, for
coiled steel. (or were coils laid on their sides, eye to the sky)
Not coils that I'm aware of. SP added covers for shipment of
aluminum shapes and plate.

Tony Thompson