Re: Assistance Needed

gn3397 <heninger@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "A. Premo" <armprem@> wrote:

I am currently in the process of attempting to build a Rock Island
double sheathed boxcar.The plans are silent as to the location of "Rock
Island".My question is,just where is it supposed to be located?Right or left
of the door.Admittedly,I am not too familiar with the Rock Island Line even
though "it's a mighty fine road.".Armand Premo

On page 34 of "The Postwar Freight Car Fleet" by Kline and Culotta there is a photo of RI 157435, a USRA DS boxcar. It has "Rock Island" to the left of the door, above the reporting marks.

Sincerely,
Robert D. Heninger
Iowa City, IA