Re: SHPX end lettering

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
I have a fairly terrible photo of a SHPX tank car, which is a leased car and has markings for the lessee on it. I can see that the end bears the car number: S.H.P.X. 0000 for example. I can "see" that mostly because I "know that's what that says." (I think.) But there is some additional lettering below that which is truly impossible to make out in this photo. We're talking a few linear smudges here . . .

Can someone provide me with a few images of the ends of SHPX cars so I can see what that lettering might be?
On the photos I have of SHPX cars, the gallonage is below the car number and initials. Farther down is various other data such as Cardwell draft gear, etc. Want me to send you a scan? Or wait for Hendrikson to send the REAL answer <g>.

Publishers of books on railroad history